Copacabana and Sun Island (Isla del Sol) from La Paz (2 Days) . Includes one night hotel on Sun Island (Isla del Sol) and guided tour of Copacabana / Sun Island. This tour leaves daily and is run all year round. You can decide to end your tour with a transfer back to La Paz or with a transfer to Puno on the second day.
Take this 2 day tour and explore the beauties the Lake Titicaca has to offer on the Bolivian side. Copacabana is a picturesque small town on the shores of Lake Titicaca (Lago Titicaca). At an altitude of around 3800 meters the lake is said to be the highest navigable lake in the world and is a popular tourist destination. A boat journey away from the town of Copacabana will bring you to Isla del Sol (sun island) which according to Inca legend is the birthplace of the sun and also the birthplace of the first Incas. Steeped in history this Copacabana and Sun island tour is like taking a trip back in time and a great way to spend a relaxing few days.
|In our Offices in La Paz
|Please arrive by 07:00 AM for a prompt departure at 07:00 – 07:30 AM.
|Approximately 17:00 PM.
|Comfortable athletic clothing, hat, sunglasses & sunscreen.
Please ensure you provide us with the correct hotel / pickup point that you require. You must be ready and waiting for 7.00 / 7.45 am (we will let you know the exact time when we confirm your booking) – pickup is within half an hour from that time. Sometimes with certain hotels this time varies but we will let you know if this is the case when we confirm your booking. There is no ATM in Copacabana so please make sure you take enough money with you for your extra expenses during the tour.
If you want to take the tour but are not with the pickup area you must make your way to the bus terminal directly (or to another hotel which is on the list).
Important – Please be adviced that the Sun Island is host for the summer solstice and there will be activities programmed. For this reason prices might be subject to increase for tours taking place between the 19th and the 22nd of December. This can also happen during New Year’s and Christmas time. It doesn’t happen every year but it’s always good to e-mail us first if interested in this tour for these times of the year.
This Tour require
THIS TOUR REQURIES A MINIMUM OF TWO PEOPLE IN ORDER TO BE CONFIRMED AT THE STANDARD PRICE
La Paz to Copacabana
- 07:00 – 07:30 pick up from central La Paz Hostel or Hotel
- 08:00 Departure to Copacabana
- 12:00 Arrival in Copacabana
- 12:30 Lunch (also a short visit to the church and the main Plaza)
- 13:30 Transport by boat to the Sun Island
- 15:30 Visit to ‘’Escalinatas de Yumani’’ Inca stairs and “fuente del agua de la vida eterna” (fountain of eternal youth). Walk to the Hotel in the Island (Inti Kala).
> Overnight spent on the Island. There are meals and drinks available to purchase.
Return to La Paz City
- 07:00 Breakfast at the Hotel
- 07:30 Visit to the Pilcocaina ruins
- 09:30 Departure by boat to Copacabana. Arrival in Copa / free time
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:15 Transport back to La Paz (possible conection from Copa to Puno instead)
- 17:00 Approximate arrival time in La Paz